Thursday 1 September 2011

Welsh Wonders Part 2

It's not just the huge glasshouse that impresses at the National Botanic Gardens of Wales. You can walk along one Europe's longest borders, and there's a magnificent double walled garden to explore, complete with new glasshouse for exotics.



Carol Klein would love this border!


Euonymus alatus 'Compactus' giving early autumn tints

Romneya coulteri, a member of the poppy family

Sidalcea, with Japanese anenomes in the background


This house was the servants' quarters. The main house has been pulled down


A moooving artwork!

2 comments:

  1. I've heard so much about Wales NBG before and their magnificent glasshouse. Glad to see more photos of it! I enjoyed your photologue and definitely worth the visit. Superb plants (and water feature on part 2) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love visiting botanical gardens in general, but this seems to be a particular nice one. Impressive planting beds, pool, glass house, and artwork! And everything looks so well taken care of. I hope I can visit one day myself, but for now thanks for the tour!
    Christina

    ReplyDelete